Cleaning of kitchen vessels and utensils is a time consuming and exhausting task. Especially in a family with a large number of members, there are more utensils and vessels to be cleaned. Some people are dependent on a housemaid for this work however getting a housemaid is becoming difficult with time. Also, a maid has its own terms and conditions which may not always satisfy you. So if you are tired of a maid/washing vessels from your own then a dishwasher can be your savior. The dishwasher is more of a need and not a luxury for the vast majority of professionals and households in India.
Indian cuisine requires a lot of vessels and utensils not only in cooking but for eating as well. Dishwasher cleans very effectively and saves you a lot of effort and time that you put into this. It not only cleans the utensils but also uses heat treatment to maintain hygiene and dries the vessels and utensils as well. but before you get a dishwasher for yourself you have to you know why you need it as well as several other things related to the dishwasher like its capacity, size, type, and your budget over other things. You have to identify your needs as well so as to get a matching dishwasher.
We have put up a list of top 10 best dishwashers available in India along with a buyer’s guide to help you understand a dishwasher better so as to get a perfect one for your requirement. If you are the one who was doing the dishes till now or if you want to end your dependency on others for doing the dishes, you should go for a dishwasher. It will bring you health, lifestyle, comfort and time. You don’t have to deal with your maid and her frustrating excuses anymore.
Must Read: Best Mixer Grinder in India
Best Dishwasher Buying Guide for Indians:
Dishwashers have been introduced in India only a few years ago, hence many of us don’t know about the basics and specifications of a dishwasher. However, to put the things in simple we have compiled the points which are necessary to be considered before making a purchase of a dishwasher. Keep these points in mind and buy the best suitable dishwasher for yourself.
Type of Dishwashers:
There are basically two kinds of dishwashers that are available in the market.
- Built-in Dishwasher (Fixed / Non portable) – These are very common and require a fixed space to set them as they require permanent inlet and outlet pipes with them. These are installed at a fixed place and hence cannot be moved around so it is suitable for those who have their own house. They are easy to use but have a heavy body and are expensive. They have more space for cleaning (capacity) than other types of Dishwasher.
- Countertop Type ( Portable) – These are one which is economical as they are portable and compact in size. They don’t require any special installation but have a considerably smaller capacity of cleaning at one time. It is best suitable for smaller families and also those who live in a rented space. These are placed on the counter of the kitchen and hence takes your counter space.
Capacity of Dishwasher:
It is an important factor while choosing a dishwasher. It depends on your needs / family size. There are two capacity of dishwashers available in the market which are defined as a number of place settings. these are –
Compact Size- For a small size of family or needs, the compact size is an ideal fit. It has a small size of 18 inches with 6 to 8 standard place settings.
Standard Size- for a big family size of 4 to 8 members. It has a size of 24 inches with 12 to 14 place settings.
Technology & Features:
Most of the dishwasher has similar features and technology however few high-end models have advanced sensor-based dishwashers. Look for some common things like
- Noise level: a dishwasher produces noise while in operation and hence can be considered. Some high-end models have noise levels of less than 40db. All other produce anywhere between 40-50db. Beware of low-quality products which can result in greater noise. Check with manufacturers about the ratings.
- Racks in the dishwasher: dishes or utensils are placed in the racks inside the dishwasher. Go for an adjustable which can be easily removed with required slots.
- Special cleaning system: steam cleaning, drying, sanitization, rinsing, half load cycle, glass care, extra clean cycle, pre-rinse, etc are the special systems that a dishwasher uses. Get the one as per your requirements.
- Build and body type: go for metal design of the body as well as Racks and water storage tub. They will be lasting longer than those of plastic water tubs. Also, look for compatibility with hard water.
- Energy and water saving consideration: 1 kilowatt of power is required for one time of dishes in a dishwasher which is preferably lower against the time and effort saved as well as comfort.
There are many products in the market with more advanced and smart features such as child lock, half load options, special sensors, and Indicators, etc
Budget, Warranty & Services:
There are many price ranges of dishwashers available in the market and hence you have to identify your budget and needs before purchasing. If you are not tight on budget then you should opt for higher and models for good performance and durability. The manufacturer also provides a warranty on the product so be informed about this also ask for or installation services if required from the manufacturer or seller. Investing in a brand can help you with a more reliable experience as a customer.
Find out what are your individual requirements with the dishwasher and then look for the perfect model which is available in the market. We have compiled a list of top 10 best dishwashers available in India. Have a look at their specifications. These are sure to fit into your needs perfectly.
Top 10 Best Dishwashers in India – Pros & Cons
Since dishwashers are new in India hence there are only limited products that are available in the market. Some of the trusted and known names in kitchen appliances also provide dishwasher. Here is the list of top 10 best dishwashers in India based on surveys, research and user rating.
1. Bosch SMS66GI01I, Silver Inox Dishwasher
This dishwasher from Bosch is an automatic program feature machine and is known for saving energy and maintaining hygiene. These are compact sized, portable, standing dishwasher. It has 12 place settings. These are equipped with sensors for efficient cleaning and saving power. It has a pre-rinse feature, intensive Kadai cleaning, eco quick cleaning cycle which works at different temperatures also maintaining hygiene. This machine is made up of stainless steel and comes with a lifetime guarantee against water damages and glass protection.
- Clean super greasy vessels very well
- The eco silence drive technology saves energy
- It is 10 years of warranty of rustproof material of another tub of the dishwasher
- 2 years of warranty against manufacturing defects
- This is not suitable for anodized coating or non stick coated vessels.
- The nice produced is 52 DB
- Steam cleaning is not available in this dishwasher
2. Siemens SN256W01GI, White Dishwasher
Siemens is a very well known brand across the world. This Siemens dishwasher comes without 12 place settings and other advanced features as well. It is fully automatic and very time saving device available in the market. It has six washing programs and three wash cycles. It has a sensor for automatic detergent dispensing as well as aqua sensors, thermal sensors, and load sensors. It sanitizes the vessels and utensils ensuring their hygiene. These are standing units but very compact in size. This is the best bet one can put in dishwasher purchase in India.
- Automatic detergent detection technology
- Reset sex washing programs and three washing cycles
- It features aqua and load sensor increasing the efficiency
- 2 years of manufacturer warranty and 10 years of warranty against rust of the metal body.
- It makes 52db of noise
- Does not comes with the child lock feature
- May not be budget-friendly for everyone
3. IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic, Dark silver Dishwasher
The IFB Neptune VX dishwasher comes with 12 place settings that are suitable for small or medium families. It has a 6 wash program including eco wash, quick wash, half or full load, pre-wash, etc. There is a metal filter that collects all the dirt and food items and can be cleaned easily. It also comes with a water softening agent which softens the water to increase the efficiency of detergent. It also comes with a steam drying feature and maintaining the hygiene of vessels. This product is known to consume less water for cleaning. It uses around 9 liters of water for a full load of cleaning.
- 12 place setting
- Adjustable racks are present
- Half load functioning
- Highly energy efficient dishwasher
- Very innovative technology and elegant design.
- Professional installation services are required
- It makes a noise very much
4. BPL D812S27A, Silver, Inbuilt Heater Dishwasher
This product is very much suitable for large family sense has more capacity and 12 place settings. It has 8 cleaning program which is suitable for any kind of utensil be it glass, steel, ceramic, China, etc. It also comes with an inbuilt heater for the heat treatment of the dishes so as to maintain hygiene and also for drying the vessels. It is very low consumption of energy and water for cleaning purposes. It uses around 10 liters of water for a full load capacity.
- 8 cleaning programs and three cleaning cycles
- Very low consumption of energy and water
- It has a variable load facility for less number of utensils to be cleaned
- It has an LED display for the timing left, washing cycle or detergent level
- Very budget-friendly
- Only one year of manufacture warranty is
- After-sale service of BPL is not up to Mark
- User ratings are down
5. LG Free-Standing D1451WF, White Dishwasher
Indians are very much familiar with LG. This is a brand that can be found in almost every household in India. LG came up with a high-end model of the dishwasher that is packed with advanced technology and features. These come with a 14 place setting which is suitable for most of the family needs as well as business and commercial needs. It has five washing programs and three wash cycles. You can adjust the size of the racks which is helpful for keeping bigger vessels. The inner tube of the machine is made of stainless steel and is guaranteed as proof for 10 years. There is an LED display that provides timer, wash program, amount of detergent left and other details. There is a smart diagnosis feature in this dishwasher where you don’t need a technician to troubleshoot the device.
- 14 place settings
- Child lock feature
- It has a smart track mechanism so as to fit all your vessels conveniently
- The filters used in the dishwasher clean themselves automatically
- This is a very expensive dishwasher
- produces a considerably large amount of water
6. Bosch SMS66GW01I, White Dishwasher
This is a cheap dishwasher from Bosch but with a slightly larger 12 place settings. It is a free standing dishwasher and hence portable. It has 6 wash programs and 3 wash cycles for easy usage and is equipped with an aqua sensor, load sensor, and top shower, etc. This is a power-saving machine but uses a larger volume of water for washing. The body and inside of the machine are made up of stainless steel and also wear certain years of manufacturer warranty against rust. This is considerably smaller in size yet powerful with ease of use. It is also having an LED display for easy control.
- 12 place settings
- Economic as low price
- 2 years of manufacturer’s warranty
- Comes with child lock and other features
- Suitable for up to 4-5 family members
- Requires 13 liters of water in one full load washing
- 52 dB of noise when in operation
- The steam wash cycle isn’t available
7. Faber FFSD 6PR 12S, White, Dishwasher
Faber is a master player in kitchen appliances from a lot of time now.it has a history of innovative designs and concepts with quality, durability, and technology. This dishwasher from Faber is having a 12 place setting which is best suitable for a medium size family. this is portable as it is a freestanding dishwasher.it comes with 6 wash programs and 3 boys cycle for low, medium or heavy usage. It is receptive to glassware for special cleaning and care and intensive cleaning feature for Indian dishes and kitchen. The racks are adjustable and removable and can be half loaded as per convenience. It’s economical and eco-friendly as it uses less water and electricity for cleaning a regular lot.
- Special care for glasswares
- Adjustable and removable racks are provided
- Uses less water and energy
- AdWords the best care against bacteria and maintains hygiene
- It does not have a child lock feature on it
- The machine is noisy at 50db level
8. IFB Neptune FX Fully Electronic White Dishwasher
This dishwasher from IFB is a slightly lower version of its Neptune VX model. It is cheaper than the VX model also. It has six program cycle as well as four washing cycles for ease and convenience. The uniqueness it holds is its capability to handle hard water for cleaning. It resists the hardness with its automatic water softening devices. It also holds adjustable and foldable removable racks which ease in half load capacity or cleaning of the machine. The water tub and inside of the machine is stainless steel based metal with a rustproof warranty of 10 years. It is very suitable for the small needs of family members between 4-6 at it has 12 place settings in it.
- 6 program cycle and 4wash cycle
- Automatic water softening devices which are very effective
- The heavy soiled program removes tough stains and grease from vessels
- Adjustable and flexible racks
- The noise produced is up to 52 DB
- Uses a considerable amount of water for cleaning
9. Elica WQP12-7605V SS Silver Dishwasher
The Elica Dishwasher is the cheapest available Dishwasher in the Indian market. It is a suitable match for Indian families. It has 12 place settings and very easy controls for using at ease. 5 wash program and 3 wash cycle make it ideal as per its price range. The LED control and soft-touch button make it easier to be informed about the process running in the machine. The efficiency of the product is very much however there are assumptions in its performance that other renowned brands.
- 5 wash program and 3 wash cycle
- Easy to use because of the basic control feature
- Efficient with energy and water requirements
- The compact and elegant metal body design
- Limited one year manufacturers warranty
- Requires pre soaking of dishes before wash
- Drying features isn’t effective
10. Kaff KDW VX 60 QUADRA, Silver Dishwasher
At the end of the list falls the dishwasher from Kaff. This is a free-standing stainless steel made machine. It has easy push buttons for controlling, adjustable and foldable racks, a three-stage filtration system, upper and lower as well as a top spray system for rinsing, and water softener technology with salt Indicators. This is very effective in cleaning, water, and energy consumption as other machines. It has a 14 place setting which is very suitable for medium sized families. The uniqueness of this product is its memory function which remembers your ideal setting for hassle free operation.
- 14 place setting
- Foldable and adjustable racks
- Push button for control
- Memory function for settings.
- It makes considerable noise
This was our list of top 10 best dishwashers available in India. Buying a dishwasher should give its users peace of mind, Comfort hygiene and saved time over Los cost usage and efficient cleaning. These products are sure to match your needs and requirements. Put your time in research before heading out with the final purchase. Take your time and choose what best fits your needs and requirements. We hope that finding the best dishwasher for yourself will be easier now.