Security and safety cannot be overlooked in today’s world. From your home to your business, your shop etc, everything requires close monitoring and surveillance to safeguard them from any mishap. Surveillance is also done to look over your employee force for more productivity. To rescue, come CCTV Camera( Close Circuit Television). It is an effective way to look after your security concerns at ease. As per a survey, CCTV camera market is increasing day day due to more need for security and surveillance across the globe. There are numerous applications of these cameras in public and government places such as hospitals, banks, airports, schools, offices, restaurants, etc.
To provide security against theft, surveillance against any mishap or vandalism, etc. CCTV camera evolved as much as technology does in recent times. Nowadays, wireless infrared cameras are being used for day and night vision as well as control and record video things in cloud space as well as controlling the camera with mobile phone-based applications. Built-in microphone, speaker and IP camera advances over traditional cameras and even recognize and alert of visitors as well as motion detection near the camera.
With the long run in the market for best camera available and competition, choosing a CCTV can be a tough task especially if you’re new to it. There are terms and technology that need to be understood along with your needs before you pick what is best for you. We have compiled the necessary terms and points which will help you to understand CCTV cameras more, and picking up the best suitable camera for you. Help yourself more with our list of Top 10 Best CCTV Camera in India, to know the best available CCTV Camera available in the Indian market.
CCTV Camera Buyer’s Guide:
We cannot compromise when it comes to our safety and security which makes it very essential to get the best out of our selection. The only thing you have to do is understand your requirement. Once you know what are your needs and requirements for CCTV Camera, you can easily select the best fit for yourself. Just keep following points in mind before you make the final purchase to avoid and dissatisfaction with your purchase.
Purpose, Need and Budget
Identify your purpose and need for a CCTV camera. Whether you need wireless one or wired set, specific camera type, network camera and a number of cameras required, etc. Fix your budget before choosing the product.
Technology and type of camera
There are two technology types and several camera types available in the market. The basic technology of a camera is either analog or digital / IP (network camera). An analog camera captures analog signals and transfers it to a DVR(Digital Video Recorder) which then converts it to digital and stores/streams it lives. However, they lack video quality and aren’t preferred anymore. (IP) Digital type camera evolved with technology where the video signals are converted inside the camera itself and transmission may be done with or without wires.
Type of IP Cameras:
- Bullet type camera- these are cylindrical shaped fixed cameras. They are best to put monitoring for shops, offices, staff, restricted areas, etc.
- Dome type camera- the best-suited type for surveillance. These are placed on the roof or high places and hence are less prone to vandalism. They provide flexibility in degrees of view and increased security.
- Day/Night IR camera- Infrared cameras provide a good view regardless of lighting conditions. They provide colored images at day time and black and white image at night.
- PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) Camera – these are the surveillance camera with a large range of motion detection. These can be rotated in the horizontal and vertical direction for the best view, zoom in/out, etc. These are costly but does the job more than one camera at a time. These are best-advanced cameras available in the market one can opt for. They are suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage.
Specifications of Camera:
- Lens – a video signal is captured Lens for the sensor to collect it. So the main part of the camera lens. Choose for the best lens with zooming option. The better the input, the greater will be the output of the camera.
- Sensor – there are two types of sensors normally found in cameras. CMOS and CCD type sensors where later is more advanced. CMOS Sensor doesn’t provide good quality of image and support in lighting conditions. It requires more signal processing for a clear image. However, a CCD type sensor has a better capture of signals and processing for optimum viewing quality. Also, the size of the sensor is one important matter while deciding the camera. It is as simple as the large size, the more signal capturing and hence better quality.
- Resolution of the camera- the details we get at output depends upon the resolution of the camera which is measured in megapixels. A 2-megapixel camera I will certainly have fewer details than that of a 4-megapixel camera. With more megapixels, you can zoom and get more details of the image clearly. Whereas the resolution should go no hands in hand with the sensor and lens of the camera. Identify how far you want to look with your camera before choosing the right resolution.
Other important factors to look for while buying a CCTV camera are its power supply, connectivity with the network over Wi-Fi, black and white or coloured, the included system recorder for storing the output of camera, high definition, night vision, suitable for weathering conditions, setup and warranty services, price details over other things. Some cameras have inbuilt SD card for output storage, some are suitable for indoor and some outdoor conditions.look for how much area you want to cover with your camera and distance as well so as to calculate the best-suited specifications off camera. Identifying your need is the most basic to find a suitable camera for yourself so get to know your requirements and find yourself the top best CCTV camera.
Top 10 Best CCTV Camera in India: Pros & Cons
Here is the list of the best CCTV cameras that are available online and in stores in the Indian market. These are some of the best picks based on user ratings and detailed research on them. Go through their specifications, pros, and cons and find the ideal fit for yourself.
1. Mi MJSXJ02CM 360° 1080P WiFi Home Security Camera
We all are aware of Chinese manufacturer xiaomi which is the master player in the mobile market however they also have a range of other products available. The MI security camera has 360 degrees of viewing angle at 1080p HD output. These have a resolution of 20 megapixels. They are best known for night vision, coloured low light images, artificial intelligence-powered motion detection, a TalkBack feature, with a network and Wi-Fi connecting options where you can conveniently view live streaming / stored videos on your mobile devices anytime, anywhere. They require 5 volts of input power and comes with a storage option of 64GB SD card. The makers claim a very durable life of the product.
- Easy installation
- Wireless connectivity
- TalkBack feature
- 2x optical zoom
- Suitable only for indoor usage
- Does not comes with the battery
- Consumes more memory on HD recording
2. Mi SXJ02ZM 1080P Basic Home Security Camera
This is a cheaper alternative to its a big brother. It also has an HD recording feature, night vision, two-way audio, and excellent motion detection. You can set up motion detection zones for the area which is more prone to motions. Apart from that this camera has a wider degree of view (130-degree viewing angle) which is rare in CCTV cameras. It has a dynamic wide range sensor which provides better video quality in low lighting conditions. This works on a 5-volt input and comes with 64GB of SD card for storing the output. the only drawback of this camera is that it cannot stream live videos to a laptop for mobile devices.
- It can be calibrated with the mobile phone to stop video recording
- Able to set up motion detection zones
- The Camera sensor produces the best in most of the conditions.
- You can use only 64 GB of SD card at once
- Night vision is limited only up to 10 feet
- Required to be installed in an inverted position only
3. D3D D8810 HD 720P WiFi CCTV Camera PTZ 360
The security cameras are very easy to install. Just plug the power source and install the mobile application and you are ready to go. This comes with the Wi-Fi wireless connectivity option so you can control the camera with the application in a mobile phone. these also have a multi recording feature where the captured video is stored on your mobile phone or email or over a server and is available for access and live streaming. It has an excellent motion detection feature, powerful night vision, infrared lights and comes with HD video recording support. It can also be used to video chat with built-in speakers and microphones.
- Inbuilt alarm system
- Night vision up to 10 metres
- Multiple users can connect through the mobile app
- 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty provided
- Requires decent internet speed and connectivity
- An expensive product
- Suitable for indoor uses only
4. ProElite POD04 PTZ WiFi Wireless HD Outdoor Waterproof 4X Optical Zoom 960p IP Security Camera CCTV
The pro elite CCTV camera is a 1.3-megapixel high definition resolution camera which comes with a 4x optical zoom. These cameras can be connected wirelessly with Wi-Fi and or best suitable for outdoors condition since they are waterproof. The design is a bullet type CCTV camera. It has powerful 140 feet of night vision and comes with infrared lights. It also has a motion detection feature which can trigger the recording on or off as per your convenience. It is a PTZ camera which can be used indoor or outdoor conditions. You can live stream the recording on your mobile phone devices however it lacks two-way communication for TalkBack feature. This comes with and storage of 128GB only.
- Has a wide-angle view and can be rotated also.
- With metal housing, it is very durable and suitable for outdoor conditions as it is resistant to water.
- As a very good optical zoom and ptz properties to leave no blind spots.
- Does not have a TalkBack feature
- Shortage of memory can be troublesome
- Very expensive
5. Sricam SP Series SP005 Wireless HD IP Wi-Fi CCTV Indoor Camera
This is a pan tilt and zoom type of camera which can be operated through a mobile phone. It has a very easy installation process and can rotate up to 355 degrees. The best part about this security camera is that it offers a very far night vision of up to 32 feet in Indoor conditions. It can be connected wirelessly and comes with the TalkBack feature for video chats. Storage of 128 GB can be used with this camera. It is best suitable for childcare, elders surveillance, home and pets as well as office needs. this camera has an inbuilt alarm system that notifies you on your mobile device when any kind of motion is detected in a predefined motion detection zone.
- You can get a live demo on sricam app before you purchase the product
- The infrared vision of up to 32 feet
- 355 degrees of Pan tilt
- Full HD recording is not available
- there are negative reviews about the TalkBack feature
- The recorded data isn’t stored on the cloud
6. Hikvision DS-2CE1AD0T-IRP 2MP 1080P Night Vision Outdoor Bullet Camera
The equation is a very trusted brand for security cameras. This camera is a bullet type camera which is best suitable for outdoor needs.it has a 2 megapixel of resolution and 1080p full HD recording support. This also has a night vision however the image sensor is a CMOS type sensor and hence is less effective in capturing video signals. This camera can be rotated and tilted for a wide range of surveillance and monitoring. This camera is not a wireless camera which is the disadvantage however it is the best quality of CCTV camera provided in this price range.
- The output is recorded and stored in cloud storage
- Comes within HD digital video recorder
- Is weatherproof and suitable for outdoor conditions
- Lacks audio output and TalkBack feature
- There is no memory slot.
7. Bolt IP Camera Wireless with Dual Antenna Rotating Wifi Indoor Security CCTV
This is a very small and discreet wireless CCTV camera suitable for Indoor security. the camera can be rotated and tilted using a mobile phone-based application and wireless connectivity using Wi-Fi. The camera is specially made for the use of mobile phone devices with that to stream only store the video recordings. You can also expand the memory storage with its built-in SD card slot. this camera doesn’t require a digital video recorder. it also has a very effective infrared night vision capturing video signals in low lighting conditions flawlessly. It has a 360-degree wide-angle of viewing.
- Playback options on phones
- 720p of HD resolution
- Consider motion detection Technology
- There is no digital video recorder
- There is an issue with connections of the device with internet
8. Hikvision DS-2CE5AD0T-IRP 2MP 1080P Full HD Night Vision Indoor Dome CCTV Camera
This dome-shaped indoor camera from his vision has a 2 megapixel of the high-performance CMOS sensor. It has analogue HD output at 1080p. The smart infrared night vision is for up to 20 metres. However, this is suitable for indoor uses only but it is very durable and weatherproof also so it can be used for outdoor conditions also. you can use any digital video recorder which is suitable for this camera and can also connect it wirelessly with your computer or mobile phone. The manufacturers are offering 2 years of warranty on this product as well as its installation services are also provided.
- Very good infrared night vision
- The makers of our great after-sale services
- The body is very sturdy and durable and can be prevented from tampering.
- There is no SD card slot for video recording to be stored.
- The flexibility in terms of rotation and PAN tilt and zoom features is very low.
9. CP PLUS 2 HD CCTV Cameras (1MP) with 4Ch. HD DVR Kit Camera
CP plus is a very reliable CCTV camera brand in India. This is a complete kit of cameras which are suitable for small needs such as security of the house or office space. This cut includes one bullet type and one dome-type 2-megapixel cameras. These surveillance cameras are specially designed for better day and night conditions. The camera is fitted with infrared lights for Crisp video signals in low lighting conditions.it is water and weatherproof and him suitable for both outdoor and indoor conditions.
- Clear and high-quality pictures
- Night vision of up to 30 metres
- Wide area coverage due to 6 mm of lenses
- No TalkBack feature available
- Complete kit comes expensive.
10. Hikvision DS-7104HGHI-F1 720P (1MP) 4CH Turbo HD DVR, DS-2CE16COT-IRP Bullet Camera
This Hikvision complete CCTV kit is the best available in the market for complete surveillance and monitoring. It comes with a 1 megapixel of HD digital video recorder, 4 bullet cameras, 1 terabyte of HDD for storing video outputs along with other wiring and installation accessories. You can use them along with monitors or with laptops and computers as well. The recorded videos can easily be stored in the cloud for later access. these can also be accessed from anywhere around the world and live streaming can also be done. All four cameras have built-in infrared lights which aid in a better quality of video at low lighting condition.
- Very high-end digital video recorder
- 1 terabyte of memory
- Both day and night vision cameras with 1-megapixel resolution.
- Limited manufacturer’s warranty is provided on the product
- These cameras are weatherproof but there are reviews about a flaw in its waterproof technology
These are some of the best available CCTV cameras in the Indian market. These CCTV cameras are good on budget, features, and specifications, best user rated and durable for use. With the help of buyers guide find out the features and specifications which are best required for you and also find out the ideal fit for yourself and don’t compromise on the security of yourself and your loved ones.